Friday, November 09, 2007

Grocery Savings

After reading Lynnae's post on saving money on groceries I decided to give The Grocery Game a try. You only pay $1 for a four week trial. So with my list and coupons in hand, I headed to my local Winn-Dixie. My total amount for groceries was $140.66 minus $11.50 in coupons and $42.34 in reward card savings. I paid $86.82 out of pocket!
***
I am pretty pleased with my first attempt at using coupons combined with sales. I know I can do even better as I go along. I want to have a well-stocked pantry and freezer and these tools will certainly help reach my goal.


1 comment:

Sacred Suzie said...

I've never heard of this before! I hope it ends up working for you and saving you lots of money without affectiving quality of food. Wouldn't that be exciting?! Perhaps only I get excited over things like that, LOL.