Monday, October 22, 2007

Taking in Nature's Beauty



We had a beautiful weekend ~ cooler temperatures, gentle breezes, and clear blue skies. We spent much of our days outside working around the yard and sitting on our bench taking in nature's beauty.

Yesterday I worked on picking up falling tree limbs and cutting ones that were hanging too low. I had moved from the area where I have my bird feeder so Alfred could work on the tractor. That's when he spotted a water moccasin in the area I had just been working! It was a baby one, but surely mama snake is not too far away...

Alfred also spotted a red-tailed hawk sitting atop a tree and pointed it out to me. A beautiful sight indeed! We also enjoyed watching the squirrels hide peanuts in the yard. They are silly characters.

This morning I could hear cows mooing from down the road. Occasionally you can hear a rooster, too. The skies are once again gray. Several inches of rain is expected today. We had nearly 9 inches from Thursday and Friday alone last week. We need the rain, but not all at once!

Despite the rain, I have plenty to keep me busy indoors. I have four new books to read, housework to do, and arts and crafts projects to work on. Perfect occupations for a rainy day.

2 comments:

joan said...

Hi Tracy,

It sound like everyone had great weather this weekend! Don't you love it? Have a great week!

Ann said...

We need rain here badly and they are calling for it all this week. What books are you reading?