Friday, October 05, 2007

Recent Happenings


We have the best neighbors! Rooster and Phyllis who live next door brought us nearly 3/4 of a pallet of sod that they got for free from work. We had just been talking about it the night before and I'm so thankful they thought of us. Phyllis also gave me a floral plant or shrub with pink blooms and is going to also give me a rose bush! I want to do something special for them sometime soon...maybe have them over for a home-cooked dinner.
***
Alfred and I were out at 7pm last night laying sod. It went fairly quick. We were done in about 40 minutes. I am feeling it this morning! I also went on a brisk 35 minute walk with another neighbor lady yesterday morning.
***
The girls both have their Halloween costumes. Kayla is going to be a witch and Kenzie chose a geisha girl costume. We go trick or treating at the mall because it's easier and alot safer than walking the streets and having to watch out for traffic.
***
Well I need to go get ready for my morning walk, so I will close for now. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hope your feeling better from you sod workout last night. It is so nice to have such nice neighbors. I'm glad for you. With a 17 year old at home now we don't do much for Halloween but I do love giving out candy to the kids in the neighborhood. Such fun! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my photos. I did take those photos and they were the best I've taken I think. We are waiting for fall to arrive so we can get out this year for some more folliage. But summer is back again. I'm off to my craft room. I'm organizing my kids photos to try and get their scrapbooks done. Have a very nice weekend!