Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gray Skies and Soul Work



I was up at 5:30am...on my own! Alfred was shocked as I am not a morning person by nature. He usually has to wake me up around 6:30am. I never hear the alarm clock go off.

It looks like my morning walk is not going to happen today. It is raining. Yesterday I walked while in a gentle rain....on purpose without an umbrella. I haven't done that since I was a kid!

Kenzie loves to be out in the rain and I let her as long as it's not thundering or lightning. She exudes passion, wonder, and sheer joy as she twirls, skips, and dances barefoot in the rain.

It is a wonderful sight to watch young children romp and play. They are so free-spirited and full of fun. I need to take lessons from Kenzie to remember to enjoy the moment.

Lately, I am feeling rather somber and contemplative. This week's gray skies aren't helping matters much, but I feel there is more to it than that. I am undergoing a transformation of sorts; seeking authenticity, reevaluating my life, and making changes as needed.

Really searching to be true to yourself is hard (soul) work. It would be easier for me to stay in my current comfort zone, but I want to break free of the things that hold me back and boldly go after the things I want in my life.

Our deepest wishes are whispers of our authentic selves. We must learn to respect them. We must learn to listen.

~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

3 comments:

Grace @ Rose Cottage Lane said...

I've been in a very similar place myself lately. I pray some light and glorious blessings come your way today!

joan said...

Good luck with your transformation! Sometimes as hard as it is to step out of our comfort zone, we really grow when we do.

miss*R said...

it is indeed hard work when we search for our SELF... but i am sure it is all worth it in the end. holding your hand as you dip your toes into this wonderful soul search. I am here if you ever need a mentor.. xoxo