Thursday, October 25, 2007

Autumn Meals and a Cookie Recipe

There's nothing like having a pot of chili simmering on the stove on a chilly evening. It will be served over cornbread or with crackers. You can also serve it over rice and top it with cheese. It makes for a very inexpensive, yet filling meal.

The next time I do the grocery shopping I must pick up cocoa and marshmallows to make hot chocolate. Since I'm not a coffee drinker, hot chocolate will be a nice substitute on cold autumn and winter mornings.

I made a batch of peanut butter cookies, as I had planned. I doubled the recipe. I chose to use an easy recipe...all you need is 1 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 egg (recipe not doubled). Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes. I like to roll mine in sugar and flatten with a fork to get the "plaid" design. They turned out to be delicious!

Happy Baking!

3 comments:

Ann said...

I can smell your peanut butter cookies all the way here in Maryland. Yummy! I have a tip for another way to press the cookies. Use a meat tenderizer. I've done this several times and it gives a great pattern on the cookies. Thanks for the comment on my blog about my plates. That's so neat that you have one of these plates. It is a small world. Hope you've had a great week. We've had good news here. Our daughter Sara is expecting! Late June. Wedding was to be in June now we'll have a baby and then a wedding. They are very devoted to each other. We had hoped the wedding would be first but what do you do! Just love em! Have a wonderful weekend.

Grace @ Rose Cottage Lane said...

You MUST try this hot cocoa recipe - it makes a big, big jar and is the best cocoa I've ever had!! http://www.recipezaar.com/109322

miss*R said...

nothing like sipping a cup of hot chocolate, snuggling under a cosy rug while reading Simple Abundance
xoxo