Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

Alfred is home today with holiday pay and we actually got to sleep in this morning....until 8am. He is usually up between 5-5:30am, whereas I don't get up until 6-6:30am. *grin*

I want to get my car washed and detailed today and start working on cleaning out my walk-in closet. We do not have alot of storage in our home - so everything gets stuffed into my closet and it's a horrible mess. My plans may be thwarted though. Alfred wants to go look at storage buildings and steel carports.

We want a steel carport to park our cars under, but it could also be used when Alfred has mechanic jobs to do from home to make extra money. We want to pay off all of our debt and live a life of simplicity. I have been doing alot of thinking about this lately. I think it will take getting back to basics, being more disciplined, and learning to be content with what we have without constantly striving for more, bigger, better.

Anyway, hope you're having a great Labor Day with your family. We're having barbequed ribs, macaroni & cheese, black-eye peas, and baked beans for dinner. Hope your day is filled with laughter, joy, and peace!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I hope you had a nice day! We did! A nice 3 day weekend. We don't usually get that because Paul works 2nd shift and I work 9 to 5. So anytime together is special. I watched the food network tonight and they were showing how black-eye peas are prepared. We don't eat those here in Maryland so I have no idea what they taste like. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, & baked beans. And corn on the cob. Can't forget that. It was delicious. It's back to work tomorrow. have a great tuesday. Hope your homeschooling is going good and your temperatures are cooler. Good luck with your closet.