Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Autumn Cleaning


It's been a busy day of autumn cleaning here. I finally tackled my closet....what a job! I decluttered a bunch of clothes, organized Alfred's army gear, and reorganized the remaining clothes. It looks so much nicer now.
***
Next, I tackled the corner shelf in our bedroom. It simply looked too cluttered with books, photo albums, knic-knacks, and music tapes and CDs. I gave the shelf a good dusting then I took a white wooden container and used it to store the tapes and CDs. I reorganized the photo albums and replaced only a few books. The final touch was rearranging the knic-knacs. It looks much more organized.
***
After that, I made our bed, dusted the dressers, and the nightstand. I then decided I may as well go through the dresser drawers. A few things went into the donation box and a few others into the garbage. The drawers are so neat and tidy.
***
Once that was done, I sorted and decluttered the bathroom linen closet. I also went through my beauty and hair care products and tossed the things that I'd had forever.
***
I still have a few odds and ends to take care of, but I love the sense of freedom that comes from releasing the clutter. Tomorrow I'll be dropping off my donations to Goodwill. I hope to keep the momentum going and continue on with my autumn cleaning over the next week or two.
***
Happy Cleaning!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Good for you! Glad you feel like you accomplished something. That is a good feeling. Have a nice evening.

Sara Freeze said...

Your blog is absolutely beautiful! I've always been partial to the Shabby Chic style, though it is a challenge to decorate on a budget sometimes. I've found ordering posters of the Regency and Victorian eras and then framing them gives a nice, atmospheric feel. I look forward to reading more of your tips!