Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Afternoon Tidings


The scent of chocolate chip cookies wafts through the air. Kayla is making a batch from scratch all by herself! It is such a help to me - as I have been busily cleaning and tidying the house most of the day. The work is not yet done, but I needed a break before I finish up and then begin dinner prep.
***
It's funny how my to-do list is always longer than what I could possibly do in a day. That's okay though. What doesn't get done today will still be there waiting for me tomorrow. It will all get done eventually. *smile*
***
Alfred had what we thought originally was a mosquito bite on his back, but it began to fester up and grow bigger...not to mention that it itched terribly. It appears now to be a spider bite of some sort. I had recently read that tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and can be used for itchy insect bites. So I applied the oil to the spot and it was much improved this morning! I am so glad that I remembered that "remedy"!
***
I found a great free homeschool curriculum online today for grades K-12. It is called Old-Fashioned Education. It uses a lot of living books, much like Charlotte Mason recommended. So there is another resource you may find beneficial for use in your home school.
***
Well, my break is over so I will get back to work! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Mmmm, chocolate chip cookies, something we haven't had in awhile. How wonderful that your daughter helps out with the baking!
Thanks for the tip about the tea tree oil, which I do keep on hand.
Debbie

miss*R said...

Just be careful with tea tree oil, using it neat can sometimes cause allergic reactions.
If it is a spider bite, keep your eye on it, just incase it gets infected. Could it have been a sandfly?

hope you enjoyed the cookies!