Saturday, August 25, 2007

Weekend Plans


Alfred woke me up to look out onto the backyard where the birdfeeder hangs. There were tons of birds out there! Mockingbirds, cardinals, starlings, red-winged blackbirds (we think there were juvenile ones too), and doves. There was a couple squabbles over food by the red-winged blackbirds. I have never seen so many birds at one time out there. It was amazing!
***
Today I need to get my kitchen cleaned up, sweep kitchen, tidy the living room, strip the beds and wash the linens, wash Alfred's work uniforms, wash rugs, drop off Goodwill items, and help the girls declutter their room. We're having meatloaf, green beans, and mashed potatoes for dinner tonight.
***
Tomorrow, we will be mowing grass and weed-eating. Hopefully we'll get that out of the way early in the morning before the extreme heat sets in! In the afternoon, we have a birthday to attend....my nephew, Trevor, is turning 4 years old. I bought him a little drum set! I'll probably make barbeque chicken, mac & cheese, and spinach for our Sunday dinner.
***
Anyway, I better get busy here. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Mrs. Sheila said...

Have a beautiful weekend. Your description of your bird feeder sounded beautiful!

Ann said...

I hope you got your kitchen all clean and tidy. It's nice to get these things done and feel satisfied about your house! I had a day of playing taxi to Lori & Paul. So now I'm off for a little shopping at goodwill and ollies all on my own. I can stop and linger as long as I like. Well until it's time to pick them up. Today is Lori's 17th birthday! happy birthday to your nephew Trevor! August birthdays are so much fun. Have a great Saturday evening and a blessed Sunday!