Friday, August 31, 2007

Time and Today's Plan


(The view from my back door right before it rained.)


The morning air was considerably cooler this morning when I took Gracie out. Autumn is on the way! It's hard to believe it is the last day of August already. Where has the time gone?


"The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it."


~Richard Bach


Tomorrow I'll turn the calender page and will begin the countdown to my birthday. I am turning 33 this year! Time marches on whether we're ready for it or not!


Mama recently asked me how I wanted my cake decorated and I told her jokingly that I wanted a parrot cake. When I turned 10, Mama made my cake and frosted it to look like a Scarlet Macaw. It was beautiful! I was crazy about birds at the time and I received a Cockatiel for my birthday. I named him Pretty Boy.




(This is an up close picture of the curtain I hung to hide the laundry room from view. It's soft pink in color and very shabby chic. I love it!)

Today I plan to stay home and work around the house and in the yard before the rain comes. I need to refill my bird feeder, put fresh water in the bird bath, decide where I want to plant my fountain grass plant, and pick up the yard so Alfred can weed eat.

Inside I will sweep/mop/vacuum floors, clean bathrooms, bake cookies, go through all my magazines and tear out pages for my Inspiration Journal, cross-stitch, and do some decluttering. I also need to write a few letters.

Hope you have a lovely day at home!

1 comment:

HEWY said...

Tracy I love your blog. it's so relaxing!