Thursday, August 02, 2007

Recent Happenings




Yesterday we had an afternoon thunderstorm. Kayla sat her chair in front of the sliding glass door to watch the rain. To the girls horror, a bird nest was blown from one of our trees. Kenzie wanted to run out there and rescue any babies that may be out there - regardless of all the thunder and lightning cracking all around. Once the rain stopped, I let her run out to check and there were no eggs or babies to be found. They were relieved.
***
We settled in to play games, read, and we watched High School Musical. We will eventually add that to our DVD collection. It has great songs and it's just a fun movie to watch. High School Musical 2 is premiering on the Disney channel August 17th and we're counting down the days to watch it. Perhaps I'll make it a family event with popcorn and goodies?

Today is the day I run most of the errands and shop for groceries for the week. I have been in such a food rut lately...it's hard for me to come up with fresh meal ideas every week. So I had the girls give me some ideas and I made out the menu for the week and a shopping list.

I recently signed up for one season of style advice through MissusSmartyPants.com because I want to look my best and dress for my body shape. I have found it to be quite helpful. One season is only $9.95 and four seasons is $29.95. If you're looking to have a makeover or update your personal style, it is a beneficial service that is reasonably priced. When you look good, you feel good!

Now I need to wake my children up so we can get ready to go run errands. I like to leave early to beat the heat, the traffic, and hopefully the rain! Hope you have a wonderful day! xx

1 comment:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Tracy,

Another gorgeous picture...and a sweet read about the thunderstorm, bird's nest and your sweet children.

I am going over to check out the smartypants (GREAT name!)
thanks so much!
Lidy