Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Projects and Plans for Today


I got the girls' room decluttered and cleaned. It looks so much better! Today I'll help them sort through their clothes so I can see what they can still wear and what they need. The rest will either be trashed or dropped off at Goodwill.
***
I also need to straighten up my pantry and make this week's menu and shopping lists. The kids want to go to the park this afternoon and I can drop off our library books on our way. Hopefully the weather is nice and the rain holds off.
***
I should be able to finish the butterfly cross-stitch today. I just have a tiny bit left to do, then I'll pick another project to work on. I have several projects that need to be completed or started. I want to work my way through them and get those things cleared out.
***
I've seen on a few blogs the crocheted dish cloths. Does anyone know what kind of yarn is used? I need to get my Mama to show me how to crochet again. I would like to make a few afghans, but I have trouble with the edges. I am doing something wrong and need to be shown how to do it correctly...reading directions confuses me. Ha!
***
The kids will soon be coming down the hall in search of breakfast, so I will close for now. Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

Hi Tracy,
my mom crochets lots of dish cloths and she uses a cotton yarn called Sugar and Cream. Hobby Lobby and Walmart both sell it.
I guess most any kind of cotton yarn will work though. The acrylic yarns won't be absorbent or hold spills that you wipe up.

joan said...

I don't think I've left you a message before telling you how nice your blog is. I've been visting it from time to time and have enjoyed my visits.