Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nature

Over the weekend we bought an inexpensive bird feeder and have been enjoying watching the birds as they discover the new food source. So far we've had male and female cardinals and a sparrow visit. Yesterday while a female cardinal was eating a bluejay chased her away - even though he didn't eat from the feeder.



We also bought a seed and nut bell and the only visitor to that has been a monarch butterfly. Kayla ran outdoors armed with the digital camera to take a few pictures of it. She also saw a red-tailed hawk and geese flying overhead twice over the weekend. We also saw a digger wasp digging a tunnel in the ground to lay her egg....we had recently read about them so that was exciting to see! Our wildlife sightings have been abundant lately!
***
The kids have been keeping me so busy with all they are learning and their projects that the housework has taken a back seat. So I'll be working on getting things back in order today. I am feeling the need to do a thorough decluttering. We have too much stuff! It makes feel sluggish and I can't think clearly. I'll spend some time each day clearing things out and paring down until I've worked through the whole house.
***
The girls helped me bake homemade brownies last night topped with mini M&Ms. ~Yummy~ Kenzie had been wanting to use those in our baking, so I bought some. We'll make cookies with them tomorrow.
***
The heat is still oppresive here. We're under an extreme heat advisory and outdoor activities are not recommended - so we stay indoors. I'm looking forward to fall so we can spend more time outside. I still have work to do in the yard, but it will have to wait until then. I have enough to do indoors right now anyway.
***
Well, I better close for now and get started cleaning and decluttering. Have a lovely day!

No comments: