Monday, July 16, 2007

This and That....

The girls and I have had a quiet day at home. Kendall started a summer job at an auto shop that does custom paint and body work. He is learning a trade and getting hands-on experience while earning $7.50/hour.

The girls helped with tidying the house and then were off to play dolls while I took care of the laundry. I had planned on visiting the library today, but it started to rain. We will go tomorrow morning instead, before the afternoon showers begin.

Kenzie's birthday is Friday. My baby will be 7 years old! I ordered her gifts online which is a blessing. It's impossible to buy gifts when your children are with you. I don't see how my Mama did it. She was able to buy gifts for us kids while we were with her and we never had a clue!

Oh and I exercised today, too....the first time in a long time! My 33rd birthday is fast approaching and I'm not getting any younger, so it's time for me to make exercise a daily habit. I'm hoping to lose about 10 pounds in the process, and make a few lifestyle changes like eliminating sodas and healthier eating. Tonight, I'll start reading Victoria Moran's book "Younger by the Day" 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit". A little encouragement along the way never hurts. :)

It looks like more thunderstorms are headed this way, so I will close for now. I need to get started on dinner and read a couple more chapters of the first book in The Fairy Chronicles series. Hope you have a wonderful night!






2 comments:

Lori said...

33!!! Ah, now those were the days I'll be 48 in September, bah hum bug!! ## was a fabulous year for me!! I wish you the best!! Love, Lori

miss*R said...

33? you are only one year older than my son!...
what are the fairy chronicles?