Friday, July 13, 2007

New Finds

If you love nature and gardening, Nature's Garden magazine is for you! My girls also enjoyed reading through it and looking at all the wonderful animal photos. I also picked All You magazine. It's filled with practical tips and coupons you can actually use. For $1.97 you just can't beat the price!
This is my new toolbox to store household tools in (much better than stuffing them in a drawer!). I had hoped to find a pink one, but alas I had no such luck.
***
I am about to start on a few household projects. We have popcorn ceilings (yuck!) in our home and Monday I will start scraping all of that off before I start painting. I've been found browsing in the home improvement aisles of stores, gathering ideas and comparing prices.
***
The yard is looking much better. The grass is smothering the blackberry vines that had taken over in the 2+ years of neglect. I still need to do a little cleaning up in the back yard before I can begin planting flowers & shrubs. But it is coming along, slowly but surely!
***
We'll have weekend guests staying with us, so today I will be working around the home getting things company ready and enjoying the slightly cooler temperatures. Rain is also expected, which we are still in need of to ease the drought conditions.
***
And so, for now, I must close and get busy here. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I thank you for stopping by to visit!


No comments: