Thursday, July 05, 2007

Holidays, Nature, and Home

We had a nice 4th of July spent with my sisters - eating good food, laughing, and watching the town's fireworks from their front porch. I worked a bit more on my illustrated Inspiration Journal yesterday afternoon. I can see myself filling several journals!

Another surprise yesterday was seeing a black snake in our yard! I happened to see it as i looked out the kitchen window. A mockingbird was squawking and diving at it (she must have had babies nearby). Alfred tried to catch it but it quickly slithered away before he got outside - then he couldn't find it. It had found cover in the huge evergreen tree by our bedroom window. Did I scream? Yes, of course!

Right now, Kayla and I are watching Blue Jays flit around from branch to branch. The branches are swaying to and fro from their weight. I love their blue coloring.

Today I will be cleaning house, doing laundry, working on my illustrated journal, and read more in my current book "The Shell Seekers" by Rosamunde Pilcher.

Wishing you a day of Happy Homemaking!

2 comments:

smilnsigh said...

I'm so happy you seem to have had a lovely 4th of July.

I've never read "The Shell Seekers" and Summer sounds like the time to tackle it. I say 'tackle' because Rosamunde does write long and intricate novels. But lovely.

Will you be sharing some pics of pages of your illustrated inspiration Journal, when you have some finished? Or is this a private project?

Mari-Nanci

miss*R said...

are your snakes poisonous? most of ours are - horrid...have a wonderful weekend - full of magick & faeries xoxo