Monday, June 04, 2007

A Season of Simplicity

Tomorrow is moving day! I am nervous and excited, praying that all goes well. We have alot of work ahead of us indoors and out, but I am looking forward to it after 3 months of waiting in a state of uncertainty.
***
Our home hasn't looked much like a home these past few months as I packed things away in preperation to move. So, I am eager to give our home a thorough cleaning and make everything sparkle and shine, to declutter as I unpack, and put the things that remain back in their rightful place. I am eager to plant bright cheerful flowers and beautify our yard; to spend more time outdoors and enjoy the quietness of country living with my family.
***
This move signifies a new start to me and we are entering in to a season of simplicity. It's time to clear out the excess and to rediscover the simple pleasures in life: meals made from scratch, perhaps a small vegetable garden, watching the sunset, taking time to smell the roses, gathering around a beautifully set table to eat dinner together, family walks down country roads, and learning to be content with what we have instead of constantly pursuing to have more.
***
"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that."
1 Timothy 6: 6-8
***
I look forward to sharing with you what I am learning as we begin this new chapter in our lives. Be blessed!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hey there just wanted too invite you to my wedding week, check out my site! Lori