Monday, June 11, 2007

Homemaking and Country Living



Good morning, friends! We've had a busy weekend working to get the house back in order after our move. I still have much work to do, but it beginning to look like home again! Right now I am focusing my attentions on the living room and kitchen because that is the first thing people see when they walk in the house and it's where we spend most of our time.

I am having a blast rearranging the furniture and coming up with new arrangements for my photos and pretties. I had Alfred help me move the 2 heaviest pieces of furniture (the entertainment center and my desk) and it changes the whole look of the living room and makes the space seem much larger. I will be posting photos as I get each room done.

It is very quiet here. You can hear the birds singing and at night you hear frogs croaking and crickets, too. Over the weekend I took my dog out late at night and saw a bat flying around the yard eating mosquitoes and insects. He got rather close one time and I ducked and screamed! This city girl has to get used to country living! :)

The kids & I attended the award ceremony for my husband's unit yesterday afternoon. They recived a meritorious award citation and we were told that that award has not been given since WW2, so it is quite an honor for the unit. All the local news channels were there and we saw Alfred on the news last night as they showed clips of the ceremony. Exciting stuff!

Well, there is work to be done here today, so I will close for now. Hope you have a lovely day and remember to take time to smell the roses!

No comments: