Friday, June 15, 2007

Fun Friday


It is another beautiful day here with the sun shining brightly and the birds are singing their cheery little songs. I have another full day ahead of me as I continue to put my home in order. Today I'll be cleaning the other end of the house - the main bathroom and kids' rooms.
***
Alfred will be getting off work a little early today because we're going to a concert tonight to see a few 80s hair bands - Poison, Ratt, and White Lion! When I was a teen, I had won tickets to a Poison concert by calling a radio station, but I didn't get to go. But after all these years, I'll get to see the band play live anyway! :)
***
Dinner will be simple tonight - frozen pizza. I want to try to bake cookies today as well so we have goodies to snack on over the weekend. Saturday's dinner will be simple, too - a roast in the crockpot because most of our time will be spent out in the yard cleaning up. It certainly doesn't look like much now, but I have a vision of how I want it to look. In time, with a little money and alot of hard work, it will be beautiful.
***
Earlier this week, we went to the library and I chose several books for myself. I am currently reading Standing in the Rainbow by Fannie Flagg and it's a delightful book about the people living in Elmwood Springs, Missouri from 1946 until the present. My favorite character so far is Neighbor Dorothy who has her own homemaking radio show with daily 30 minute broadcasts.
***
Other books just waiting to be read are: Happiness Hill by Grace Livingston Hill, October Song by Beverly Lewis, and The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher. I've been spending my evenings snuggled upon the couch with my husband, after my work is done, with a good book in hand.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I am going to check out some of those books for summer reading. I just finished The Magic Apple Tree by Susan Hill, and loved it! Have a great time at the concert!
Debbie

smilnsigh said...

Tracy,
Thank you so much for making a comment in my blog. You said that you always enjoy visiting my blog. But I don't remember seeing yours.... and I do try to visit all who comment. I so hope I didn't miss a comment by you! -sigh-

I read more than one Tracy and I wonder if I took it for granted that a comment by you, was another Tracey. Oh sigh. I hope not.

I don't get to read all my blogs, every day. But I do always try to visit anyone new, who comments. And I will feel very sad, if I didn't visit you... before.

Plus you have lovely blogs! And I've been missing them, all this time.

But now, I've come. I have all 4 of yours, in my Google Reader, where they should show up, when a new post is made. As I said, I don't seem to be able to visit all my *zillllions* of Pretty Blogs, every day. {I have tried to! And I now know, I can't. -sigh-} But I will be back.

I especially love it when a person is starting life in a new place.. because it's so much fun to hear about how it goes... And about changes they make, in their new home. And all that. :-)

And I also rattle on. -sigh- But I'll close now. I still have one more of your blogs, to visit!!!!

Mari-Nanci

Ann said...

The Shell Seekers is one of my favorite books. Let me know what you start reading it. I might just get my out too and read along. If you like it also try Coming Home. It is a favorite too. It is about a girl named Judith from about 1936 through the war years. It is so fun to read about your adventures in your new home. I'm glad the concert was fun. You'll have to post some pictures of the balloons!

Ele said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. It looks like you are busy with all of your beautiful entries! I will visit again!
Ele