Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Around the House


My home is slowly being put back in order. I finally finished the living room and kitchen areas yesterday, so today I'll start working on the master bedroom and bathroom. It's wet outside. We got a good rain last night that lasted about an hour. We are in moderate to severe drought conditions here, so every little bit of rain helps!
***
This morning the weather is cool, though the temperature is in the 70s already. I'm sure the clouds help. This morning while walking the dog, we were both startled by a loud squawk. Gracie jumped and started huffing and puffing. The bird sounded quite large but I didn't see anything unusual. It gave me a good chuckle anyway.
***
I also heard what may have been a turkey. I have never heard a turkey (other than gobble, gobble :), but as I imitated the sound to Alfred he seemed to think that was what it was. The neighbor to our left told Kendall yesterday that he had seen 2 copperhead snakes on the asphalt driveway that seperates our properties. He had killed one snake, but the other got away! I will be more cautious when taking the dog out - especially after dark.
***
Last night, I went for a nice walk with a neighbor lady. Walking and chatting made for a pleasant stroll and the time quickly passed by. It made exercise seem like less of a drudgery! My legs are slightly sore this morning because we walked uphill as we started out, but I am looking forward to the evening walks and getting in better shape.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Yuk a snake!! You are one brave girl to go outside after that! Lori

Jana said...

I can't remember if I've commented on your blog before, but I just stopped in again today, and I must say, your blog is so BEAUTIFUL! It's very calming and relaxing. What a nice spot on the World Wide Web!