Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Where I'm From


Back in March, Laurie wrote this beautiful post Where I'm From on her blog using this template. I thought it might be fun to take a shot at it, too. :)
***
I am from my Mama's heart, doing "gymnastics" in the yard, basset hounds and music .
***
I am from the the little house on the corner of New York Drive that was filled with love and fun, with pink flowers that grew along the fence, where my best friend, Paula, lived across the street.
***
I am from the seashore, birds, playing hide and seek, full of energy and confidence, bare feet, sundresses, Bruce Lee, record players, pigtails, ribbons, shiny shoes, fried chicken, wonder, nature, and the magic of childhood .
***
I am from homemade birthday cakes and gifts made with love, laughter, playing hopskotch, riding my Pink Panther bike, running through the sprinkler, being carefree, Mama (Peggy), Mom (my grandmother, Lois) and my sisters (Shelly & Laura).
***
I am from music and singing, sewing, Dukes of Hazzard, Saturday morning cartoons, Halloween parties, being teacher's pet, Johnny Appleseed, Christmas celebrations, monkey grass, and sweet dreams.
***
From being told I sounded like Barbara Mandrell as a kid by my Sunday school teacher after singing Amazing Grace in church in front of a very large congregation....how scary, but thrilling!
***
I am from John 3:16, and being taken to church by my second grade teacher, Mrs. Pierce. I believe that God is pleased with relationship, not religion or legalism.
***
I'm from Missouri, chocolate, pizza, slumber parties, Girls' nights with my Mama and sisters, rock and roll, Marilyn Monroe, unicorns, Purple Rain and bubblegum .
***
From a family of strong women, the stories Mama wrote for us, the happy and sad memories, my best being good enough and the freedom to be anything I wanted .
***
I am from a patchwork quilt still in progress; full of hopes, dreams and fears; still learning, growing, and changing; wanting to do something grand and to be a blessing to others; seeking to be authentic and recreate my life from the inside out.

No comments: