Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekly Blessings


This is my best friend, Paula. We met when I was in Kindergarten and she was in 2nd grade. She lived across the street from me and we walked to the bus stop together. We played just about every day after school until my family moved when I was 10. We have been friends for 28 years!
***
Thankfully we still kept in touch through letters and the occasional phone call. This picture was taken yesterday. Paula and her girls (Jessi & Heather) came over to visit and we had a blast talking and laughing about all the stupid things we did as kids! And our kids got along wonderfully!
***
Weekly Blessings:
~ Visiting with Paula & her girls
~ Taking the kids to the park & getting some sun
~ Laughter
~ Alfred is feeling better
~ A good night's rest

2 comments:

Ann said...

What a lovely picture of the 2 of you. It is nice to have a friend who has know you forever. I have a friend also named Ann. We have been friends since we were about 4 which would be 43 years. We don't live in the same town now but we email everyday. Paul & I just got home from a 2 day camping/biking trip. 36 miles. Long, tiring, hot but fun. I'll update my blog later this week. Our son is home for a few days so it will be nice to viist with him. Have a wonderful holiday!

Lori said...

Isn't long enduring friendships such a God send? My best friend Jen and I 36 yrs., Sharon 30 yrs. and my best of best Diane 26 years! This to me is a gift to have such wonderful dedicated friends. Glad you had a wonderful day! Diane and I are going to do a day trip soon and plan on taking pics to!