Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Tribute to My Mama


Happy Mother's Day, Mama!
*
My Mama is not only my mother, but my friend, too. Growing up, she was the one me and my sisters turned to when we needed a toy fixed. When we were thirsty, we'd run to her glass and take a sip of her soda, never Daddy's. Mama could always tell whenever anyone had sneakily took a sip from her glass.
*
She made holidays and birthdays special and we look back on them with fond memories. I remember the birthday cake she made for me when I was in 4th grade. I was really into birds and she decorated my cake to look like a parrot. It was amazing!
*
We always rushed home from school to tell Mama about our day. She helped with homework and I remember her helping me memorize a poem for school called Books Fall Open . That night she had me put the poem under my pillow because it would help me remember it. It worked! My friends loved her and thought she was so cool!
*
Mama could do anything she set her mind to (and still does). She crocheted, did wood-working, drew pictures, sewed clothes for us kids, had a garden one year of tomatoes, potatoes, and green beans, designed and put up a privacy fence on her own and much more!
*
I got my love for reading and music from my Mama. Everyone says I laugh like Mama and even sound like her when I talk. We talk on the phone several times each week and Mama is hilariously funny. I get much of my sense of humor from her.
*
I am blessed to have you as my Mama and am thankful for everything you have done for me through the years. I have many wonderful memories from my childhood.
I love you, Mama!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Mother's Day! I left you a message on your myspace also but I just had to tell you I loved this post for you Mom. Beautiful post.

Lady Laurie said...

What a lovely tribute to your Mom!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Tracy!
Hugs))

Stephanie said...

A sweet tribute for your mother! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, too!

Stephanie