Friday, May 11, 2007

Being Chatty

The lovely photo was taken from a card that Laurie sent me last week.


I haven't had much to post about this week. I've had the blahs and it shows in my home. It's been hard to get motivated when everything looks junky with almost all our belongings packed up in boxes. I am anxious to get moved and unpacked so our house feels like home again.

We rode out to our property yesterday afternoon and the work has finally started. It's good to see some sort of progress happening. There is still much to do and will be even more work to do once we've moved - indoors and out!

I am hoping to paint each room before we unpack because it will be so much easier that way. The ceilings need to be scraped and the walls will need to be cleaned really well before we even start. I have a long list of improvements I want to make, but those will be done as we have the finances available. But painting & yardwork will be my first home improvement priorities!

Yesterday was our grocery shopping/errand day. I bought a couple of new baking pans for pizza and cookies. My other ones were so old and my cookies kept sticking...it was a big mess! I also bought myself a new sketch pad as I had filled up my other one.

Also, my sister & nephew came by and bought me and the girls lunch. We took our lunch to the park and afterwards let the kids play. It was so hot yesterday and it's only May! I don't know how much fun the kids had, but it was nice to sit and chat with my sister.

Today, I will be working around the house. I will probably do more packing. I want to get the yard cleaned up and wash & detail my car among other things! I don't know if I'll get it all done, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

1 comment:

smilnsigh said...

This entry obviously sounds like you are in the process of moving to a new home. Since I'm very new here, I'll have to go back through entries, to see more about it.

This sounds exciting though. Work and stressful, but still exciting. Good luck with keeping your 'head above water,' so to speak.

Mari-Nanci