Monday, April 30, 2007

Joy


“If we are not happy and joyous at this season,
for what other season shall we wait and
for what other time shall we look?”
~ Abdul-Baha ~
*
The definition of joy is:
~ the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation
~ the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
~ a state of happiness or felicity.
~ to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.
~ to gladden.
*
I often find it is the simplest of things that bring me joy. Singing along to my favorite songs, drawing in my sketchbook, having a recipe turn out successfully, reading, going to the beach, or sitting on a bench at the park watching my children play. Did you notice that most of these things cost nothing?
*
It's so easy to get caught up in all the things I think I should be doing. Then I wonder why I am cranky and tired. I forget to nurture myself and allow leisure time to pursue the things that make my heart sing.
They are:
Art ~ Music ~ Writing ~ Books ~ Nature
*
What things bring you joy? How can you make a little more time for festive gaiety in your daily life? We are given no guarantees in this life. It is my desire to squeeze as much joy as I possibly can out of each and every day.

1 comment:

Lady Laurie said...

What a lovely post Tracy. I find now one of my simplest joys is sitting with my hubby on our porch swing. My roses are blooming and they remind me of my Mom ~ which right now is a bittersweet joy.
Really, the simplest things bring the most joy.