Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday Happenings

We woke up to a brisk (cold) temperature of 45 degrees. Easter morning it will be 33 degrees! It looks rather dreary outside today with gray skies and north winds blowing. It hardly looks like Spring!
*
Today I'll be tidying the house, boiling eggs to dye this evening, and reading with the girls. We have a few more books to finish up over the weekend before they are due back to the library. Of course, we'll check out tons more on our next visit.
*
They get their love of reading from me and I aquired my love of reading from my Mama. We have been reading alot of Nature's Children animal books and Kenzie particularly enjoys Dr. Suess. I encourage them to choose books that look interesting to them and I'm often amazed at their choices.
*
Kendall is not a book reader, but he does read if it is something he is interested in. He looks things up on the computer often (guitar tabs, parts for his car, etc.). He regularly talks to family and friends via instant messenger. He has learned alot about computers and has even shown me a thing or two.
*
Well, I have rambled on long enough! Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend!

No comments: