Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Ultimate Blog Party


For those who are new to my blog, I thought I would share a little about myself and what Seaside Enchantment is all about.
* I am 32 years old
* In June, I'll celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary with my husband, Alfred.
* We have 3 children: Kendall (ds) is 14, Kayla (dd) is 10, and Kenzie (dd) is 6.
* We homeschool and love it!
* We live in south Alabama.
* I love books - children's classics, mysteries, homemaking, how-to, Christian novels & studies, the list goes on....
* I love really good music, from Contemporary Christian to Classic Rock/Pop.
* I hate to cook, but I do a pretty good job of it.
* I REALLY hate grocery shopping! :)
* I love the sights & sounds at the beach.
* I love nature & I have my own Nature Journal that I sketch and write in.
* I have 3 cats & 1 dog.
* My favorite animals are Cardinals, Horses, and Cats - though I think donkeys & baby goats are pretty darn cute!
* My favorite color is Pink.
* My favorite flowers are Roses, Stargazer Lilies, Pansies, and Sunflowers.
* I am a Christian.
* My favorite books in the Bible are Proverbs, Matthew, Ephesians and James.
* I like to make ATCs and collages.
* My favorite movie is Sarah: Plain and Tall.
* I keep a journal.
* I am addicted to paper of all kinds!
* Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons.
Some things you may find on my blog are:
~ A weekly blessings list posted on Sundays
~ 101 in 1001
~ Literature quotes
~ Recipes
~ Pictures of my children
~ Beautiful pictures
And much more!
Welcome to all friends, both old and new. Thank you for visiting and for all those who leave such gracious comments....you are appreciated! Now lets pour something refreshing to drink and grab some scrumptious goodies to nibble on as we visit and get to know each other. Let the party begin!

20 comments:

KarenW said...

Hello! We are a homeschooling family and missionaries to Romania getting ready to return to the states. Our home is in Northern Alabama but we don't think we will settle there. We are waiting on God's direction. Nice to meet you. I hope you can stop by.

Krissy said...

You sound like such a warm, caring person and your blog has much to offer! I can't wait to see more it so I'm going to snoop around a bit! Nice to meet you!

April said...

Hi! Nice to meet you too!

Have fun at the party,
April

it's me, Val said...

Hello and welcome! :) Enjoy the party!

PamperingBeki said...

Happy Blog Party to you! :)

~Beki

Proverbs31 said...

Hi! We have several things in common. :)
I love all the photographs you have on your site. Beautiful!

Be blessed!

CreativeOutletDesigns said...

Hello! My favorite seasons are Spring and fall as well! Nice to meet you!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So nice to meet you! Your blog is very nice and very much worth some further reading by little old me! Huggles!

clarice said...

I bet if we cooked together, it would be fun !!! Clarice

Judy said...

Happy Party from one southern girl to another (south Georgia, here). I'm glad to meet you and I hope to get to know you better as I check back with you. I have you bookmarked and will be seeing you.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Thanks for stopping by my party & I’m glad to join in on yours, too.

And being addicted to paper- is that where you can't leave any store without cute stationery and cards and such? 'Cause you can never have enough? That's me!

Please be sure to check out a fun Bump! Photo Tag going on tomorrow! I’ll have a linky up … hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

Steph

Write From Karen said...

Yay!! Another book lover!

*wave* It's so nice to meet you! Are you enjoying the party? Would you like some chips?

Please, take some chips. If I eat one more I'm gonna explode. *grin*

Leslie said...

From one booklover to another, happy blog party week!

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate Blog Party. I will be starting my 3rd party favor give away later tonight. Come on over when ya get a chance.

PARTY ON!!!!

Rach said...

Apart from the fact that I don't know why God made cats, I think we're really similar (oh yeah, you missed lavender on your flower list too!) We even have a Kenzie as well (although only as a second name - but it's his nickname so I get to hear it lots)
I'm four short years older than you and have been married for an extra two!
Thanks for visiting my party - come back any time.

edited for typos!

DariDonovan said...

Wow, you are 32 and about to celebrate your 15th Anniversary? Whew you must have married young, lol. WTG and congrats on the upcoming Anniversary. Happy Blog Party and so very nice to meet you.

Crystal said...

Just stopping by for the party....thanks for stopping by mine....Happy Bloggin
Blessings

Let A Woman Learn said...

I just found your blog via the Ultimate Blog Party. You have a lovely blog and I want to spend some more time looking around. I hope you're enjoying the party as much as I am.

eph2810 said...

You have a beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing a little about you and what is going on in your world of blogging.

I truly enjoyed learning about you and your family.

Blessings to you and yours.

Brandie said...

Hello! It's so nice to meet a fellow homeschooler. I have noticed a lot of us at this party =)
Hope you had a great week browsing new blogs.