Wednesday, January 10, 2007

In My Home Today


Good afternoon, friends!
I don't have much on the homemaking agenda to do today: laundry (done), clean fridge (done), bake brownies with Kayla, and clean out my linen closet. This afternoon we will also run to check the mail at the post office and go check out dozens of books from the library.
Homeschooling went well this morning. I think the kids were ready to get back to work after the holidays. Our current read aloud is Phantom Stallion: The Wild One by Terri Farley. We worked on our spelling words and math, copied poems for writing, played board games...just to name a few things. I love learning and exploring right along with the kids!
The weather has been windy and much too cold for my taste. I'm looking forward to Spring, but I'm trying to enjoy this winter season. I've spent my time decluttering, reading, and cross-stitching. But I must confess that Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons ~ neither too hot, nor too cold!
Til next time...

3 comments:

Deb said...

Tracy,
It sounds like a great day ~ how I miss those homeschooling mornings and visits to the library with the kids! I am in love with the house and roses in the picture~gorgeous!
Debbie

Lady Laurie said...

Hi Tracy,
I admire you for homeschooling your children.
I would love to have a white picket fence like this one all covered with pink roses.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
Angle Hugs and Blessings...

Terri Farley said...

Tracy,
Stumbling across your blog and the lovely accompanying photo, just made my day.
Best,
Terri Farley