Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The After Pictures

I added a lace scarf to the dresser & cleared the clutter off the top.
I took down the dark red curtains & hung up the blue ones. I'm not entirely happy with the rose tablecloth just draped over the curtains, but it does add a cheerful punch of color. I tried draping it in a triangle shape but it's not square & it looked silly.
On Alfred's dresser, I added a lace dresser scarf and cleared his clutter. :)
I rearranged the items on our corner shelf. The bottom 2 shelves holds boxes of craft items & unfinished projects. I would like to decoupage the boxes to pretty them up.
Our bed made up. I added the rose garland over the bed ~ which adds a softer, romantic feel to the room.
Remember, the challenge was to make-over the room without buying anything new. Did you makeover a room? Send me a link & I'll sneak a peek!
Alfred thought I had worked for hours on end redoing the room when, in reality, it took less than an hour! He was very happy with the "new" room, saying it looked spacious. I think we avoid most jobs because we think it will take too long, but usually the jobs can be done in a short time and then we wonder why we put it off for so long!

Put on some fun music that you love (and sing along!) as you clean. Do it. Now! :)
*Poof*

6 comments:

clarice said...

Tracy, it all looks charming. I really like what you did with the window. Cleaver. Clarice

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

Charming Tracy! :) I love the swag over the bed. How romantic! You could even put some white lights in it for effect!!!

Mrs. Staggs said...

Hi Tracy,
Wow, you did a great job! It all looks great. I feel like I need to do this sort of thing to my whole house. It's interesting how just a little rearranging can make us "see" our things again.

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
Your bedroom looks great. Isn't it amazi accumulates ~ I love the swag over your bed, very pretty!

Mindy said...

Well done...looks so peaceful!

Vicky said...

Everything looks really nice, Tracy. I like the garland over the bed and love the lace scarves. Lace atop a wood surface looks so pretty and is my favorite way to add charm to a room. Hope you and your family are doing well this winter!