Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Christmas Movie for the Family


"Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas" is a MUST watch for our family each Christmas season. I have watched this movie ever since I was a little girl and I never grow tired of it. It has wonderful music and shows that the love of family is more important than lavish gifts. You can find it at Amazon.com. Here is what the back cover says:
In Frogtown Hollow, live Emmet and Ma Otter: a family with little money, but lots of love. With Christmas coming, they want very much to buy each other a store-bought gift - but are barely scraping by doing odd jobs. When a local talent contest offers a special prize, Emmet must make a sacrifice to join his Jug-Band for the competition. Will the Jug-Band prevail or will fierce competition from the Riverbottom Gang steal the show - and the prize?

3 comments:

clarice said...

I did not know there is was a movie. To cute. I will get it. Thank you. Clarice

Mrs. G said...

I remember watching Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas years ago! about 20 years I guess? thanks for the memory...I should get a copy for us :) (and I'm going to follow that amazon link and hope against hpoe it really wasn't 20 years ago)

Mrs. G said...

oh...ouch...1977...so more like 30 years...[sigh]