I made these curtains for my living room (2 sets) out of a rose floral sheet I already had on hand.
This is the pumpkin we carved last night. I drew the face and Alfred and my children cleaned out the pulp on the inside....Eeew!
From our pumpkin, I planted a few seeds to see if we can grow our own pumpkins for next year and I roasted the pumpkin seeds. They were a big hit! Here is the recipe I used:
Cleaning Pumpkin Seeds
1. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin.
2. Place in colander.
3. Under cold running water, remove the seeds from the pulp and strings.
4. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Roasting Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Combine 1 T oil or melted butter plus ½ t salt per cup of seeds. If you like, you can add other spices like pepper, paprika, and/or garlic.
3. Toss seeds with oil mixture until well coated.
4. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Let cool on paper towels.