Sunday, October 15, 2006

Halloween Fun


With Halloween only 2 weeks away, I figured I would share some of the fun ideas I have found.
Candy Corn Relay Race: Designate a starting line and a finish line. Set out a bowl full of candy corn for each player at the starting line and an empty bowl at the finish line. The players must use a large spoon to scoop candy corn out of the full bowl and then carry it to the empty bowl and fill it. They cannot spill any candy corn or use their hands! If any candy corn falls off the spoon, they must immediately pick it up and bring it back to the starting line bowl and start over with that scoopful.
Halloween Central ~ links for all things Halloween
Pumpkin Toss Game: Supplies: Large pumpkin, Mini-packages of candy bars (enough for each child to have 3-5 tosses) Preparation: Cut a large hole in the top of the pumpkin. Scrape and clean the pumpkin. This is best done the day of the party for a fresh pumpkin. Game Play: Line up the children to take turns tossing candy bars into the pumpkin. Kids keep the candy bars that they get in the pumpkin. Give consolation prizes!
How Many Halloween Candies Guessing Game: Very simple! Fill a jar with Halloween candy and, as each guest arrives, have them write down a guess as to how many pieces are in the jar. Everyone only gets 1 guess and the person who is the closest gets to take home the jar.
Halloween Recipes
Kids Kuisine: Has several deliciously spooky recipes that are easy enough for children to make & would be a big hit at a Halloween party.

4 comments:

clarice said...

Ohh fun games. I will share these with the grils. Thank you for sharing them. Clarice

Hulda said...

Thank you for a lot of great links! I have missed you on my blog! :o)

Mrs. Staggs said...

These are all wonderful ideas, as are so many of the others I've seen here today. Love the kitchen down below! It reminds me of Susan Branch's kitchen.
I think about Christmas all year long, but I'm still always doing things at the last minute, even though I promise myself this will be the year that I will be caught up early so that I can relax and enjoy things. You've given me inspiration to get started NOW!
Thank you for your lovely site.
Hope you have a nice day!

Karen Twombly said...

I stopped by your blog today for the first time and wanted to tell you that it is a truly beautiful site! I love all things seaside as well!
Have a wonderful day!
Karen Twombly
www.t2chk.org/karensblog