Friday, September 15, 2006

The Home at Greylock


This is a wonderful book by Elizabeth Prentiss! Here is what the back cover says:
"Dear Mrs. Grey,
Some years ago...I was struck with the difference between your family and those of others....I am the mother of six children, the eldest boy of fourteen, and the youngest a baby. In deep humility, in bitter disappointment, my husband and myself have come to this conclusion: our boys and girls are exceptionally troublesome, or are we very bad managers. Our homelife is beset with disorder and discomfort, which is becoming intolerable....can you, and will you, undertake the task of spending a day ortwo, more or less, as you think best, in our family?"
Could this future generation be saved for Heaven? The Home at Greylock is a book for child rearing. Mrs. Grey's wisdom will be yours, and your family a bit of Heaven on earth.
This is a fiction novel, originally written in 1876. But if you can't get your hand on the book, have no fear! You can read it online HERE! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like a fun book :)

I've been reading your blog for a bit, wanted to actually say hi today :) I'm a military wife myself, my husband is in the Air Force.

Hope you have a wonderful day, come by and visit my blog anytime :)

clarice said...

Ohh I have not seen this but it looks really good. I will have to get a copy !! Clarice

Lady Kay said...

I have put the book in my favorites and will read soon,thanks so much for the information and the book.

Tammy said...

I'm going to send this link to my daughter...I think she would enjoy it very much...thanks for sharing it!!
:-D