Monday, September 11, 2006

Banana Bread


Here is the scrumptious banana bread I made Saturday. The recipe is as follows:

1 cup granulated sugar
8 TBSP. (1 stick) butter/maragarine, room temperature
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 TBSP. milk
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt ( I did not add this)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x5x3 inch loaf ban.

Cream the sugar & butter in a large mixing bowl until light & fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk & cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.

Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture & stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.

Pour batter into prepared pan & bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack & cool completely before slicing.

Spread with honey or serve with ice cream.

~Enjoy!

4 comments:

clarice said...

Yumm Tracy, not that you asked me this but salt makes a big difference in baked items. It brings out the flavor. As a matter of fact I feel most recipes do not us enough salt. Just thought I would share. Clarice

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hi Clarice,

I can usually taste the salt in baked recipes which takes away from the flavor for me. Perhaps I am more sensitive to it? But thanks for sharing the tidbit! :)

Tammy said...

I am so craving some banana bread now!!!
It always makes me think of fall!
:-D

Lady Kay said...

Tracy, are you haveing a problem with the bata blogger? I can not post a picture because there is not a done to click on after the picture is up loaded. What am I doing wrong.....help