Saturday, August 26, 2006

Rainy Saturday

Art: April in Old Aspen by Jack Terry

The sun is trying to peek out amongst all the clouds. It has been a dreary morning, rainy and dark...perfect sleeping weather! I'm waiting for my husband & son to come home from a side job so I can make them lunch & then take a wonderful nap. :D

Our satellite signal dropped out last night, so we spend the evening listening to music, talking, and playing board games with our children. Checkers and Candyland were big hits & much fun was had by all. Until we the satellite company can come out & reposition the dish, we will be watching tapes & DVDs we have on hand, working on projects, reading & enjoying each others company.

I am enjoying the lack of television. The house is much more quiet & peaceful. Our children are finding other things to do to occupy themselves. Perhaps now I can get caught up on my reading list?


3 comments:

clarice said...

Sounds ike a perfect day to curl up with a book and a cup of tea. Clarice

Susanne said...

Wonderful sounding Saturday!

Lady Laurie said...

I love a rainy day that I can spend curled up with a stack of magazines or a good book. It is so easy to get used to turning on the tv even when there is nothing on (which is most of the time). I am very guilty of this, especially when I am here alone.