Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rainy Days

Good Morning, Friends!

We have had much needed rain every day since Saturday and it looks like it will soon start again today. I must admit I'm a little nervous since hearing there is a tropical storm moving closer to the US. The past couple of years our area has been hit hard by the hurricanes. Thankfully we have had minimal damage - but it's nerve-wracking nevertheless!

Yesterday I worked on the girls' bedroom. I weeded out the clothes that were past their prime, didn't fit, or no longer loved. Also decluttered toys, papers, etc then rearranged their furniture. And for the finishing touch, I hung a princess canopy over their bed which the kittens promptly pulled down twice! I am guessing they tried climbing it...the little rascals!

Today I'll be doing more decluttering and cleaning. The laundry room needs help, so I'll probably start there - but all of my laundry is caught up! :)

This evening I'll work on my cross-stitch. It is going to be so pretty once it's finished, framed, and hung on the wall. I'll try to post a picture soon, so you can see my progress!

Wishing you a day filled with loveliness!

7 comments:

Faith said...

what a beautiful image!
thanks for visiting my blog!

Deb said...

I hope the storm misses you...we have received over 4 inches of rain in about the past week. Good luck decluttering & cleaning ~ my laundry room needs it also!
Debbie

Chappyswife said...

Thank you for coming to visit me on the Tour of Homes, & thanks for your nice coments! Nice to meet you!

Chappyswife said...

Thanks for visiting me & for your nice comments on my site. You have a very nice site!

clarice said...

I will be praying for your family. Clarice

Hulda said...

I also did some work at the house yesterday, cleaning and tidy up things. It looks so much better now. I look forward to see your cross-stitch.

Sharon K said...

Sounds like you are busy around the house but you need the quiet time with the needlepoint. Nice to sit and let your fingers do the work. Have a good weekend my friend