Saturday, August 19, 2006

Plans for Today



"As long as you have a window, life is exciting." ~ Gladys Taber

Hello, dear friends! My day began with a few errands in town. My husband is working today, so I plan to putter around the house. The laundry is all caught up & there is no major cleaning to do, other than mopping the kitchen floor.

I have a stack of good books and magazines waiting to be read, my cross-stitch that I'm *still* working on, and I may bake oatmeal cookies. Dinner tonight will be Parmesan Chicken, I think. It is simple to prepare & even my picky eaters love it! Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 cup packaged herb stuffing mix, crushed (Stove Top dressing)

2/3 cup Parmesan cheese

1/4 tsp. Garlic powder

2.5 - 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, drumsticks)

1/4 cup margarine/butter, melted

1. In a shallow dish combine stuffing mix, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder; set aside. Melt butter.

2. Skin the chicken. Roll chicken in melted butter, then coat chicken with stuffing mixture.

3. In a greased 15x10x1 or 13x9x2 baking pan, arrange chicken so the pieces do not touch. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 45-55 minutes or until tender & no longer pink. Do not turn pieces while baking.

Wishing you all a restful weekend!

2 comments:

clarice said...

Sounds yummy, have a great weekend Clarice

Susanne said...

This sound really good! I'm trying it this week!