Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Chatter


Hello! I spent the afternoon whipping up a batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. They turned out well and are very tasty and my children are begging for more, but they have to wait until after dinner. :)

Dinner tonight will be hamburger patties, mashed potatoes, and pork and beans. I like to season the hamburger meat with a little salt, pepper, and garlic salt before cooking. I like the flavor it adds.

After homeschool today, I did needed home chores: several loads of laundry, vacuumed the living room, cleaned the master bathroom, and I tidied up the kitchen. Then, I babysat my nephew while my sister went to get her haircut. We were able to visit a bit afterwards as we waited for a thunderstorm to pass.

This morning, I was reading in Proverbs 21 and verse 19 stood out. It says: "It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman." I am afraid I have too often been contentious and angry, and it's in those times when I haven't been in the Word as often as I should be.

I try to have my personal Bible study/prayer time after my husband leaves for work, but before my children awaken. Then, I leave my Bible open on my desk or on the kitchen table to snatch a Word in here and there throughout the day.

Well, I better run so I can finish getting dinner on the table. Goodnight, friends!

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Tracy, I just started doing Living Beyond Yourself bible study by Beth Moore. It is so good, I find myself giddy, waiting for the next day so I can do my study again! :)

clarice said...

I am trying hard to submit to Christ, so I am not contentious and angry. But it is a daily thing. Clarice

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hey Lindsey, thanks for sharing! I've put it on my wish list. :)

Susanne said...

Sounds like you got lots accomplished! I too find the "contentious" coming out if I have not been in the Word enough!

Lady Laurie said...

Hi Tracy ~ I love the picture for this post. I am really just starting to read the Bible ~ I did a Bible study a few years ago, but everyone seemed light years ahead of me cause' they could recite things and I had no clue. So I am on my own here and just reading bits and pieces. I especially love reading the Psalms.

Naturegirl said...

Oh does my mother have many contentious
and angry days because of alzheimers.
It is very difficult to sit with her then and not take it personally.I could use a nice "comfort meal" right about now! You seem to be at peace with your life. That is nice to see.

Sharon K said...

Thank you for the weekly blessings idea. I have so much to be thankful for and one of the things is you and your post.......thanks

Joanne said...

I just discovered your blog as I am interested in seaside blogs. I have also visited Rose Cottage by the Sea (Lady Laurie, if you see this: Happy Birthday!...wish I could leave a comment but am not a blogger!)
You both would love:
IslandSparrow
http://kathie.squarespace.com/journal/
We are leaving for Prince Edward Island next week and I am so excited to be at the seas for the first time!
BTW, Clarice is a friend of mine, and I may have found your blogs through her!
Beautiful Blog Tracy!
Oh, just wanted to say that I adore Gladys Taber and collect her books!
I also love all your artwork and would love to know who the artists are!...so pretty!
Thanks for allowing me to visit!
Joanne in Ontario