Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Healthier Lifestyle

Art: Cookbook and Apples by Peggy-Thatch Sibley

Good afternoon, friends! My husband & I have decided it's time to try to get into shape by exercising and eating healthy foods. Today I went grocery shopping for the week and stocked up on fruits & veggies, chicken, tuna, 2% milk, wheat bread, turkey, salad fixings, etc. Our children aren't thrilled about the food changes, and treats will now be homemade rather than prepackaged junk. It will take an adjustment for us all, but it will be well worth it I think.

We both took our measurements last night and I, especially, was appalled at the numbers! I had gained several inches in places I do not want. So the answer is lots of prayer and lots of hard work....sweat equity, if you will. We are not following any "diet". I believe in moderation in all things.

It's all about lifestyle changes. Choosing to make better choices to improve our health and well-being. It's about honoring God with taking care of the body He gave to us. Be blessed!

1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

3 John:2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Great post and reminder! Have you tried drinking lemon water? I am trying to drink loads of lemon water as it flushes the system out...and is so refreshing in the summer.
It certainly takes effort to be conscientious about what we eat!
Thank you so much for posting the artist name with your paintings...I so appreciate it!
Beautiful blog!

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hi Joanne, how much lemon do you put into how much water? I've heard of lemon water, but never knew how much to use. :)

clarice said...

Hello Tracy good idea. I have been focusing on white sugar and white flour lately. One step at a time. Clarice

Kelli said...

Good for you! We have also been making some food changes around here.

Kelli