Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bedtime Thoughts



Art: Samantha's Prayer by Catherine Sqro from AllPosters.com

Proverbs 127:2 "It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep."

I have a bad habit. I stay up way too late many a night. I love how quiet the house is after everyone is asleep & I can sit in peace to read or journal. But there is a price to pay for my late-nighters...my brain is fuzzy in the morning & my energy is low. So I have resolved to do my best to be in bed by 10pm most nights - perhaps even earlier.

Wishing you a night of sweet dreams...

4 comments:

Sabine said...

Oh dear! I have that bad habit, too. It's almost midnight. The rest of the blogs can wait to be read tomorrow ;) Hope you wake up refreshed and have lots of energy, Tracy! This was a good reminder for me to get to bed earlier, too.

Susanne said...

Oh my, I so relate! After everyone else is in bed, the peace and silence is where I can reflect and do something for me! But I too am dragging in the am. I hope you get to your beauty sleep and accomplish this goal!

Kelli said...

What a beautiful picture! I also have the same bad habit. I was doing well earlier this spring with getting into bed at a decent time, but slipped back into the late nights. Thank you for the reminder and encouragment. I really don't like that fuzzy brain feeling in the mornings.

Kelli

Searching For a Meaning said...

Such a beautiful poster and the proverbs 127:2 is certainly thought provoking.

I think I am rather guilty of late night - which I find an ideal opporunity to concentrate at a higher level during late evenings.

Mornings' are somewhat a hazy period and perhaps I should follow your example.

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful topic.