Monday, July 10, 2006

More from our Family Nature Walk

Alfred and the girls cooling off their feet in the Gulf waters.


I believe this is a Pitch Pine Tree....I have never seen this kind of pine before.


I loved the moss hanging from the trees.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit to the Bon Secour Wildlife Refuge. We walked a mile and a half down the trail but still didn't get to the end of it. It was hot and had I known it was that long I would have brought along water for everyone. It certainly showed me how out of shape I am!We will be starting family walks in the evening to build our strength and stamina.

6 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Oh my that moss I pay a fortune for by the bag full at garden centre!! Lovely to see in its natural state! I adore moss all kinds in the garden! P.S> my next book club read "Gift from The Sea" by Anne M. Lindbergh...I have read it before and I think YOU would love this read!!

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hi NatureGirl, I have that book! It is a lovely read. :)

Araceli said...

This looks so refreshing and your family is beautiful!

Kelli said...

What a beautiful place for a family nature walk! The moss hanging from the trees is amazing. I can't wait for it to cool down here so we can go for walks.
Kelli

Sharon K said...

Good post and pictures. I live in Florida in the winter and bought a house because I loved the moss on the trees. What a mistake and what a mess. Should have bought the house across the street so I could look at the trees. It looks like your family is having a lovely walk, thanks for taking me along.

clarice said...

what a beautiful place to take a nature walk. WE are very into taking nature walks. I think we will today. Thanks for the idea !! Clarice