Friday, July 07, 2006

Decluttering and Books


Good evening, dear friends! We just finished dinner and I am taking a short break before I start cleaning up the kitchen. I have decided that with the remainder of July I will declutter once again. There always seems to be more things that need to find new homes and I want the house to fresh for the new homeschool year beginning in mid August.

But tonight, I plan to cuddle up with my honey and read my Southern Lady magazine and my growing stack of books I have been waiting to get to. Many of the books are ones that have been recommended on a few of my favorite blogs. They are:

~ The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
~ Diary of a Provincial Lady by E. M. Delafield
~ What Katy Did, What Katy Did Next, What Katy Did at School by Susan M. Coolidge (It's 3 books in 1!)
~ Happiness Hill by Grace Livingston Hill

So many books, so little time!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! xx

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Your evening sounds lovely! I have heard so many good things about Grace Livingston Hill books recently. I will have to check one out at my library.
Kelli

clarice said...

Ohh thank you for these recommendations. I am going to see if my mother has any of these. She has sooooo many books. Clarice

Hulda said...

I have read some of Grace Livington Hills books too. They are translatet into Norwgian. And I also have read books of Jeanette Oke, may be you know that writer too? She writes some of the same things as Grace Livington Hill. Good books! I like the picture you posted in your last post. It looks so much like a lovely summer day. Have a nice weekend!

Lindsey said...

I love reading...I will have to check these books out at the library. :)

Daisy Lupin said...

Diary of a Provincal Lady is a fantastic book.