Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The First Day of Summer

Summer Comes
The Little darling Spring has run away
The sunshine grew too hot for her to stay
She kissed her sister, Summer,and she said
"When I am gone, you must be queen instead"
Now reigns the Lady Summer, round whose feet
A thousand fairies flock with blossoms sweet.

Today the calender says Summer has arrived, but living in the south it feels like Summer has been with us for several months already. I have a list of things I want to accomplish, both in and out of the house, over the next few days. I find it easier to list things by the week so I can workon it as I have the time and energy.

In the garden, my morning glories have begun to bloom! I found a little trellis at the dollar store for $4.99. It is green metal with 2 butterflies on it - cute! I also bought bulbs to plant - elephant ears and gladiolas. I need to get those planted as soon as I get the flower beds weeded. Note to self: buy mulch!

Friday morning, I have an AC repairman coming out to check our central unit. I pray that it isn't anything major and doesn't cost a fortune to fix. We have been making the best of things. We have 2 window units in the living room/kitchen area and at night we camp out in the living room where it's cool.

Well I need to close for now and start on my homemaking. Hope you have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Lovely post...celebrating Summer and all its offerings! You have a wonderful day full of God's Blessings!

Hulda said...

I love the little poem about spring and summer.

Kelli said...

What a sweet poem! I just printed it out to share with my girls at breakfast tomorrow. We love fairies!
I have really been enjoying your blog. I will be back to visit soon.
Kelli