Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Our Day and Books

(The picture is called Shades of Summer II by Rob Desantis; found at AllPosters.com)
















Today thunderstorms are expected in our area. That makes for perfect weather to putter about my home and work on my cross-stitch project.

The girls and I are currently enjoying a book called "Betsy-Tacy" by Maud Hart Lovelace. Oh, how I love books! In January, I started keeping a record of the books I have read...I believe I've read 17 books so far.

I am currently reading "Creating a Sense-Sational Home" by Terry Willits which is full of ideas on ways to make your home comfortable and cozy by awakening the 5 senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and sound. I highly recommend this book!

Well, I must be off for now. Wishing you a day of happy homemaking!

6 comments:

Mrs Blythe said...

What a lovely picture. The book sounds great. I am reading The Hidden Art of Homemaking - just started it. Hope it's good. Blessings.

Mrs. Staggs said...

I love books too and just picked up a few I had reserved at the library yesterday. I think it's wonderful you share your love of reading with your children. My husband and I read to our son when he was a child and he has become a person who loves reading in his spare time. I think people who love to read are happier for it throughout their lives...you always have someplace to go, even when you can't leave home!

Lady Lydia Speaks said...

I love this picture. And, I don't know why women don't want to stay home and read a good book. I can remember my mother who lived on a homestead when we were little, and had plenty of hard work, reading books a lot. It was her way of relaxing.

Tracy said...

Hi,
I noticed your name on Homeliving Helper and just had to say hello. I don't usually meet many people with there name spelled the same, I grew up surrounded by Trac'e'y's and was surprised to find you are the same age as me also. I live in Queensland, Australia. I don't suppose your middle name is Ann is it?
Blessings,
Tracy
www.homesteadblogger.com/toddlerseverywhere/

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hi Tracy! Growing up (and even now) I get the same thing with the spelling of my name. My middle name is Lee. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Terri said...

Tracy, once again I find that we have the same tastes in books!