Friday, May 12, 2006

Nature Journal





















Inspired by "The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady" by Edith Holden, I decided to create my own nature journal.

The pictures are my own drawings of the Eastern Cottontail and the Northern Cardinal, both found in our area. I plan to add flowers, poetry and quotes about nature, and anything else that strikes my fancy. *smile*

My children and I enjoy taking walks for exercise, but it also gives us a chance to look for things to add to our nature journals. We have become much more aware of the beauty that surrounds us.

Perhaps you and your children would enjoy keeping a Nature journal of your own?

7 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog ~ I love,love the name of your blog!! I see that you live in south Alabama ~ that makes us neighbors! I hoped you fared ok during last hurricane season.
I see we are kindred spirits,and have many of the same interests. I like the idea of a nature journal. I take a walk nearly every morning down by the sea,it is just such a wonderful way to start the day.

Deb said...

Tracy,
Great drawings! One of my favorite things about home schooling the kids was nature journaling. We all started our own nature journal, and I love my copy of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady. Did you ever read 'Pocketful of Pinecones' by Karen Andreola?--another book about nature study I enjoyed. Now that the kids are older we have gotten away from it, but you have inspired me to pull mine out again.

~ Tracy ~ said...

Hi Deb,
Yes I have read "Pocketful of Pinecones". It is one of my favorites!

clarice said...

Hello Tracy, wonderful nature drawings!! I LOVE Pocketful Of Pinecones. I think it is one of the best HSing book. But then I love Karen. Clairce

~ Tracy ~ said...

Thank you, Clarice! :D

Terri said...

How wonderful! I found a copy of the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady at our library for sale for $3 and I snatched it up! Your site reminds of it so much!

Bethany said...

I have a nature journal too! Mine does not look as good as yours. :)