Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Tuesday



I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend! My Mama came down from Iowa to visit with us. I am the oldest of 6 children. Three of us are grown and live here in the south just minutes from each other. My 3 youngest siblings are in Iowa with my mom, but come down here for the summer. Mama usually stays for a week or so.

My husband took a week of his vacation so he could spend time with my Mom (yes, he loves his MIL! ;) and both of my grown sisters took their vacations this week. So, all of our family is together, enjoying each other.

In just a bit, Gracie has to go to the vet and later today we are having a cook out. We'll be having burgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill, chips, and salad.

Here is another lovely quote from Mother Teresa: "It is not how much we do, but how much love we put in the doing. It is not how much we give, but how much love we put in the giving."

4 comments:

Flossy said...

Glad you are enjoying your family time. I hope Gracie is ok (she is beautiful) and behaves herself at the vet!

Hulda said...

It is always good to be togheter with the family. Have a nice time! :) and I hope Gracie is ok too. You have nice pets.

clarice said...

I think it is the sweetest thing that your DH took the week of to be with your MIL. Now that is a man !!! Clarice

Sharon K said...

It sounds like you are having a good time with your family and you are lucky to have siblings living close to you. Enjoy your time, and your family.