Thursday, May 04, 2006

Enjoying the Outdoors


We have had beautiful weather the past several days, which I have greatly enjoyed. I am a new "gardener" and this is a picture of my red petunias. I love their bright, happy little faces!

Today I bought 2 purple petunias to go in my large terra cotta pot. My children helped to plant them. Kayla & Kenzie now have their own gardening gloves - just like Mama. *smile*

We have had a couple of visitors to our yard...a toad who quietly minded his own business & shyed away from any attention, and apparently an armadillo enjoys digging in my freshly dug flower beds!

In my garden, I currently have marigolds, morning glories, and moonflowers (planted from seeds, anxiously awaiting to grow and bloom!) and red and purple petunias. I *love* going out to water and check my lovelies.

'Til next time, my friends!

3 comments:

Mrs. Staggs said...

Lovely flowers Tracy...I love to garden and I bet the more you do it the more you will love it too.
An armadillo?.....!!!!

Deb said...

You're so lucky to be planting--it is still a little too cold here in NY. But soon... Your petunias are pretty and I think you will love the morning glories and moonflowers--they are some of my favorites.

Deb said...

You are so lucky to be planting--it is still a little too cold here up north. Your petunias are pretty, and I think you will love the morning glories and moonflowers. They are some of my favorites.